Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

New McFarlane Toys Batman Figures Are Available For Pre-Order

Welcome to the table,

I was not reading “cape” books for a long while. Something about them just sort of soured me. I think it started with The Death of Superman and slowly over time wore away at me. I think it was the lack of actual consequences in any storyline outside of the Hellboy universe. I just felt like it all could be reversed or resurrected and probably would be within a few issues.

After a rough spot in life, I was shown the first few issues of Batman New 52, and while a lot of people hate on those books, it opened my eyes to how cool “cape” comics could actually be again. These Batman figures make me smile. Well, the Jim Gordon one does, at least.

McFarlane Toys has showcased three new DC Multiverse figures and we are going to talk about them below.

Batman: Dark Knight of Steel is based on the story where Bruce Wayne, also known as the Bat-Prince, is the bastard son of Martha Wayne, the previous queen of the Lands of El and King Jor-El, making him the half-brother of Prince Kal-El and Princess Zala Jor-El. It’s a very sword and sorcery thing and you can see in the figure that they captured the Dark Knight in all his 7′ glory.

Batman: Jim Gordon from Batman Endgame is a personal favorite of mine as I loved the New 52 stories and after Bruce Wayne disappeared, Jim was invited to head up Gotham City’s Batman Task Force as the new Batman for a time. Gordon got into shape and became the best Batman he could be, piloting a giant mechanical suit that he affectionately referred to as “Rookie.” While I love this figure I will love it even more if McFarlane gives us a big old Rookie mech figure to go alongside it.

Finally, there is The Joker from The Dark Knight movie in the interrogation room scene. While I am not a fan of this version of The Joker, this figure is really well done and captures a fan-favorite moment from the films that I am sure many many fans out there across the pop culture space will love to get their hands on so they can put it on a shelf or pose it alongside their computer setups.

All three of these figures are rad and you can preorder them all now at McFarlane Toys.

Until next time, New 52 Batman is still up there for me is some of the best Batman stories of all time. I just really enjoyed the hell out of them.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires