Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Vampira Returns! — Super7 Releases Retro Late-Night Horror ReAction Figure

Welcome to the table,

I don’t sleep much, and due to that fact, I have, over the course of my lifetime, seen a multitude of late-night horror show hosts. From the glaringly good, to the horribly horrible, and everything in between. I can tell you that, out of all the ones I have seen, there is not a single one that I have disliked.

During this holiday season, I look back at our late-night horror hosts of yore and smile, knowing that in the dark hours when my legs were shaking and keeping me awake, or I was staying up for fear of my parents creeping into my room and yelling at me for not dusting under the kitchen table or some such, I had these larger than life personalities dressed in fun costumes adding commentary to films.

I had friends like The Bloob and The Crawling Eye to keep me company in the dark before dawn, and while she was well before my time, I know that the hundreds who came after have one to look back to. “The Queen of Goth” is the one who started it all, Maila Elizabeth Syrjäniemi, known professionally as Maila Nurmi, also known as the 1950s horror host Vampira.

Super7 has immortalized the goth queen Vampira with a 3.75” scale ReAction figure. The sculpt is the classic black dress with fishnets and the pops of red on the nails and lips bring this whole thing together in the best possible way.

The moody packaging really sells this figure and would look great on a card hanger or shelf as it speaks to the vintage era of horror posters. The back-of-box shown below also has such a fun retro vibe and while “nerve-shattering terror!” is such a goofy call out, but it really ties the whole thing together and feels like one of those late-night horror show posters that were stapled up in the rec-center or the library telling locals to tune in at random hours on public access to see whatever the weekly movie offering was.

There are so many ways this figure could fit into your collection so fans of horror, film, and nostalgic TV will delight in this ReAction figure that you can find at this link.

Until next time, Dr. Madblood is the one I saw the most of but Joe Bob Briggs, Svengoolie, and a ton of others are all super cool. Hell, I’m even a fan of The Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires